Friday’s article, One- Stop Shopping With Learning Management Systems by Esther Shein about the e learning is nothing new, I am glad to say. Besides my online courses, I have always run a Virtual Classroom for my students. On it I post some homework, but mostly there are links to sites and photos for my students to expand their learning. There are excellent sites that provide interactive learning. Whatever the topic, I would do an extensive search that would allow my students to do things that were not possible in the classroom. They would complete labs on forces, or test their “green” scale to see how environmentally aware they were. They would make decisions on their journey to Canada as a black slave on the Underground Railway. The students could access it anywhere not just in computer time. They could play games in math, etc. We also posted comments and thoughts about a certain thread I would start. However, now I see how a wiki would improve the experience.
Next year being the TL would mean that I must also share the expertise for the staff. This is yet another extension to professional development, assisting teachers in creating their own Virtual Classrooms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your principal made a smart choice putting you in the library, Roberta. Your lessons in the classroom sound very engaging.
I suspect that having had to learn Web 2.0 tools the hard way would make you more determined to actively share your knowledge with your colleagues.
I've enjoyed working with you this summer. Feel free to contact me if you still need that secondary school connection.
Post a Comment