
Wikis:
I have also created a wiki for my school. I think wikis have great applications for collaborative and social learning. On my wiki I have given some examples for teachers on how to use a wiki. I have also incorporated some pages for some possible applications come September. It has taken me many hours (and I mean hours), of experimentation. I imagine I feel like one of my student who has just learned something new and can apply it to their learning. The advantage of having a wiki, even over a blog, is that it is more of a public space. The learning is truly shared and developed. Please check out my wiki: http://gibsonlibrary.wikispaces.com/
With the commencement of school this September, I hope that it will evolve into a well-used tool. Please check it out for all my musings. In thinking about my wiki, it seems I am using it more as a teaching tool/discussion tool with my colleagues. I will have to make another one just for students, so teachers can share their thoughts without worrying whether students will be reading the posts.
I have also created a wiki for my school. I think wikis have great applications for collaborative and social learning. On my wiki I have given some examples for teachers on how to use a wiki. I have also incorporated some pages for some possible applications come September. It has taken me many hours (and I mean hours), of experimentation. I imagine I feel like one of my student who has just learned something new and can apply it to their learning. The advantage of having a wiki, even over a blog, is that it is more of a public space. The learning is truly shared and developed. Please check out my wiki: http://gibsonlibrary.wikispaces.com/
With the commencement of school this September, I hope that it will evolve into a well-used tool. Please check it out for all my musings. In thinking about my wiki, it seems I am using it more as a teaching tool/discussion tool with my colleagues. I will have to make another one just for students, so teachers can share their thoughts without worrying whether students will be reading the posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment