The next great discovery for my professional use was the discovery of del.icio.us / robertamacq /. I cannot believe that I was unaware of this tool. As I was contemplating my move to the library, I was despairing about how I was going to bring all my wonderful sites and URLS from home to school? Doing courses online, I was amassing quite a few. Now I can access all my sites from anywhere. Being able to organize the sites into bundles and recognize them through a classification of your choosing or opting to save them using the most popular tags is timesaving as well as efficient. Not only that, the site allows you to see other people’s tags. I have used this to find additional information for my Wiki, and freeware and shareware. The problem is one could get sidetracked and before you know it hours have gone by! It allows you to connect to people with similar interests professionally and personal. As the people from del.icio.us state, “Life is so much better when you share.”
Sandra also showed us how to organize our photos using Picasa. I think that again, it is a timesaving device. Next year in the capacity of the Librarian, I will take some school photos and organize them using Picasa. My only concern is the online issue. I am still not comfortable about sharing any personal photos on line, but various subject other than people, I think it is exciting.
Google Documents was another tool that I used for my other course. Having signed up for the g-mail, Sandra informed us of the capabilities of editing documents that are viewed as an attachment. My group project for my other class (Canadian Children’s Literature) was quickly edited that day with my other members, without having to go home, opening the Word Document then re-sending it. Amazing!
Sandra also showed us how to organize our photos using Picasa. I think that again, it is a timesaving device. Next year in the capacity of the Librarian, I will take some school photos and organize them using Picasa. My only concern is the online issue. I am still not comfortable about sharing any personal photos on line, but various subject other than people, I think it is exciting.
Google Documents was another tool that I used for my other course. Having signed up for the g-mail, Sandra informed us of the capabilities of editing documents that are viewed as an attachment. My group project for my other class (Canadian Children’s Literature) was quickly edited that day with my other members, without having to go home, opening the Word Document then re-sending it. Amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment